Friday, April 16, 2010

A no-name canyon in Death Valley

Some random exploring at the north end of Death Valley, I saw one canyon wash that looked interesting. After that wash became too bouldered for easy travel, I went to the next wash south. It was a lot more interesting, although the lower part of the wash is fenced off as part of the Grapevine Springs area.

The wash narrows down somewhat, then eventually opens up again. That's where I turned around; it looks like you could follow this one for quite a ways further.

Saw *lots* of mountain lion scat through the narrower section, though none of it looked recent (and that was fine with me!). All of the scat was well-dried, and much of it was baked almost white. In places that were well-shaded by rock overhangs, there were sometimes as many as a dozen scat piles. It looked like a litter box that needed cleaning. Alas, I didn't think to take any pictures of those.

GPS details at EveryTrail

No comments:

Post a Comment